Nowadays, the need to integrate sustainability concerns is not in question – it is a basic principle of business. During our training, which concentrates on creating win-win solutions, we focus on making a positive impact so that Future Leader participants are enabled to play a role in leading a more efficient and sustainable economy.
The Future Leaders Talent Program is the Hungarian adaptation of the Future Leaders Program of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). The aim of the program is to help potential business leaders who are currently talented professionals to understand the complexity of corporate sustainability and to enable them to incorporate sustainability into their future decision-making processes.
This program is unique in Hungary. A diverse group of practicing business leaders will mentor participants and share their experiences about sustainability, strategy, and operating ethically. Furthermore, Future Leaders will have the opportunity to thoroughly get to know their mentoring companies.
- have started working as managers, and plan for the long term,
- are viewed as potential executives by their managers,
- have a minimum of 5, but maximum of 12 years’ experience,
- are open-minded, curious, and are striving to find solutions that will benefit everyone,
- would like to obtain comprehensive knowledge about sustainability and related trends.
The program is exclusively for the employees of BCSDH member companies. A company can delegate a maximum of two participants. Theoretical awareness of sustainable development is not a prerequisite. The maximum number of program participants is 35.
- Nominator fill out, complete and sign the Nomination Form. The applicant upload the completed and scanned Nomination Form as an attachment to the Application Form
- Applicant‘s tasks:
- fill-out Application Form
- upload the followings as an attachment:
- Scanned Nomination Form filled, completed and signed by nominator
- Applicant’s CV
- Portrait of the applicant –(min. 300 kB – max. 5 MB)
Program Topics: Eight professional days, based on the seven principles of the BCSDH’s Recommendation for Business Leaders ‘The Complex Interpretation of Corporate Sustainability’, with support from mentors.
The length of the program:
- 8 x 8-hour training days, mostly on Thursdays
- from January to October
- Program launch: end of January 2023
Venue: Professional days will be hosted at one of the mentoring companies*
The program is result-oriented, ending with a project work that presents a business solution proposal and action plan for business organizations needed to achieve an SDG (Action 2020 Hungary goals)
Participants who successfully finish this program will be awarded a certificate of completion at our Business Lunch, October 2021. During the program, participants will have the opportunity to participate in other BCSDH events for free.
Participation fee: 450 000 Ft+ VAT/applicant
Sponsors of the Future Leaders Talent Program:
The professional days of the Future Leaders Talent program will be held in the period from January to October. Throughout these day-long professional events, participants will be able to familiarize themselves with different topics.
Each day is hosted at one of the mentoring companies. After each day, a report is drawn up that gives insight into what happened behind the scenes.
|Opening ceremony||13 January 2021||E.ON és MVÜK (online)|
|Sustainability and strategic approach||25 February 2021||Essity (online)|
|Responsible management and the future leaders||25 March 2021||Siemens (online)|
|Sustainable products, services and innovation||22 April 2021||Tungsram (online)|
|Partnership with stakeholders||20 May 2021||McDonald’s (online)|
|Environmental responsibility||10 June 2021||BUD Airport (online)|
|Respect for human values||30 June 2021||Grundfos|
|Ethical and transparent operation||26 August 2021||Telenor|
|Deepening day||23 September 2021||METRO|
|BCSDH Business Lunch||7 October 2021||Budapest|
Nomination / Application:
For a successful application:
The Application form and Nomination template can be downloaded at the links included above.
Participants must be employees of BCSDH member companies, and such corporate members are each allowed to nominate a maximum of two participants.
The maximum number of program participants is 38.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- be at the beginning of their careers as leaders, but the current leaders of their companies should see them as potential future leaders
- have a minimum 5, but maximum 12 years of professional working experience
- desire to help shape their organizations in the long term
- be open and curious, and seek to create win-win situations
- have a desire to understand sustainability-related knowledge and trends
- be dynamically thinking leaders from the business sphere and the related community who are interested in quality information
It is not necessary that applicants already have an understanding of the theoretical background to sustainable development.
As of 2020, the program has 37 talented young professionals as participants.
Among our member companies’ delegates there are brand, pricing and controlling managers, marketing consultant and also HR and communication leaders.
The professional days are based on principles of the BCSDH’s Recommendation for business leaders.
- Sustainability and Strategic Approach
- Responsible Management
- Ethical Operations
- Respect for Human Values
- Environmental Responsibility
- Partnership with Stakeholders
- Transparent Operations
- Sustainable products, services and innovation
Each issue will be covered in detail with the support of acknowledged theoretical or practical experts from the field.
Language of the program is Hungarian and English without translation.
About the mentors
Each topic will be mentored by our member companies. Mentors from these companies will not only coordinate the professional program but will be also available to participants during the program to share personal and professional experiences.
Mentor companies in the program in 2020:
Head of Future Leaders Program