‘For a Sustainable Future’ Award 2020
To recognize the outstanding corporate and leadership performances contributing to the SDG’s and mitigating the effects of the pandemic
BCSDH announces the “For a sustainable future” Award this year, with a temporary new category, as in such a difficult situation, recognition is especially needed. Our purpose is to recognize the extraordinary achievements of leaders and companies on advancing Sustainable Development Goals (SDG-s), and this time the outstanding actions of the pandemic were also integrated.
We would like to inspire companies and their leaders to integrate sustainability factors into their business decisions, and to create solutions which go beyond business as usual and which can be rolled out to other business operators so we can make a real impact. The current situation has highlighted the importance of sustainable operations to make companies resilient.
The pandemic created unprecedented challenges to any company, making flexibility one of the keys to survival. We have witnessed rapid, credible and exemplary actions by business leaders, innovative measures to protect jobs, employee and supply chains, creative new business models, real social responsibility programs in response to the pandemic, and measures to restart the economy, all of which are commendable. We would like to reward these also with this award this year and make them known to a wider audience.
Applications and nominations are accepted in 3 categories:
- Business solutions, Business model changes
- Change leaders, for leaders leading by example and showing accountability
- Social responsibility programs or actions
The officers and members of the board and supervisory board of BCSDH cannot be nominated.
- Deadline of application/nomination: 15 August 2020 23:59
- Notification of finalists: 11 September 2020
- Announcement of results and award-giving ceremony at BCSDH’s business lunch: 8 October 2020
The evaluation procedure:
Submitted applications will be evaluated by a professional jury, which members are:
- Gábor Bartus Dr., secretary general of NFFT (National Council for Sustainable Development);
- Irén Márta, managing director of BCSDH;
- Szilvia Krizsó, media specialist;
- István Salgó, honorary president of BCSDH
- Diána Ürge-Vorsatz Prof. Dr. , professor of CEU, vice president of IPCC’s work team.
The jury members will individually and independently evaluate tenders. According to the individual evaluation sheets, BCSDH will calculate the points awarded to each nominee, and return the score to the jury. The jury shall then draw up a list of the finalists, from which, after consultation, a prize-winner will be chosen.
BCSDH reserves the right not to make an award in any category for which the quality of entries is not deemed to be of high enough quality.
The quality and reliability of information will be emphasized in the evaluation process. Please strive to include the most relevant facts.
The organiser and the jury will keep the information confidential and will publish it only with applicants’ permission.
You can find the winners of previous years here.
Sponsors in 2020:.
Helping us in publishing the call to application: