In 2019 the certified B Corporation Biofilter Co. is scoring in the top 10% of all B Corps across the Globe as became a ”Best For The World: Governance” honoree.
We vote everyday for the world we would like to live in with our purchase, the food we consume, the partners we cooperate with and with our loyalty to our workplace. As we make our decisions day by day we become tiny but determining part of a global system full of sensitive connections in which we as consumers in the full awareness of our personal responsibility can use our resources.
Be the change!
With this idea in mind the B Corp certification inspires 3,000 Certified B Corps in over 150 industries and 64 countries to be more mindful of their employees, partners, suppliers, the community and the environment in which they operates.
The Interdependence of the B Corps says:
„As B Corporations and leaders of this emerging economy, we believe:
- That we must be the change we seek in the world.
- That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
- That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
- To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.”
How can your company become one of the best companies in the world?
The free available B Impact Assessment is the key tool of the successful application in which B Corp measures applicant companies primarily in the areas of Governance, Workers, Community, Environment and Customers. The requirements of the 200-scores certification criteria offer an excellent self development path both for the companies with and without B Corp certification as we have always the opportunity to take one more step in aim of doing something great for our society, micro and macro environment. The B Impact Assessment is available below: https://bimpactassessment.net/?_ga=2.236857281.1744616629.1568808566-2024448056.1548236028
Biofilter, the ”Best For The World” Honoree
In 2019 September B Lab recognized honorees „for having the highest environmental, community, customer, worker and overall impact by earning a score in the top 10% on the B Impact Assessment, as well as a list recognizing B Corps with the greatest impact improvement (the changemakers).”
“These inspiring companies represent the kinds of business models and impact-driven business strategies that are building a new economy – one that is inclusive, regenerative, and delivers value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders.” – said Anthea Kelsick, Chief Marketing Officer of B Lab.
The Biofilter Co., honored in Governance won the appreciation with the following ongoing actions:
- it operates and contribute to the realization of the circular economy;
- it treats its social/environmental impact as a primary measure of success for its business and the employees receive orientation, training about the company’s social and environmental mission and goals;
- it measures social and environmental outcomes over time which it includes in a sustainability report to inform partners and the society;
- through its inner process control, measures and Ethical Codex it guarantees the proper and transparent operation of the organization.
The list of such brilliant honored companies like the American TOMS or Patagonia is available at https://bcorporation.net/2019-best-for-the-world where at the same time there are much more exciting informations to discover.
We congratulate to every BFTW 2019 honorees and we wish more and more great companies to be charmed by the B Corp experience!